Saturday, June 16, 2012

Take the Leap ~ Dusty Attic ~ Canvas & Textured Modelling Paste Background Tutorial

 I have really been enjoying playing with Canvas's lately! This canvas is featuring the new Dusty Attic Birdcage and Flutterbies. I also have a tutorial on creating this background, that came about purely by accident! I had coated the background of the canvas with Modelling Paste then as I was moving a bag of stuff over it I dropped it on the canvas and when I lifted it up I went "Ooooh! I like that" so wola!! Love this textured background finish!
  The New Dusty Attic Flutterbies
& The New Birdcage
 

Textured Modelling Paste Background Tutorial


 Step 1: Use a spatula and coat the canvas with a thin layer of modelling paste
 Step 2: This is where by accident I dropped a bad of fibers on the canvas onto the wet modelling paste.
 Step 3: Just lay the plastic bag onto the canvas and lift up.
 Step 4: Do this over the whole canvas
 Step 5: You can see the texture in the modelling paste. I dried this off a bit before inking.
 Step 6: I have used Smooch Spritz to spray over the modelling paste.
 Step 7: Once you are happy with the colour placement over the canvas you can leave to dry. I tipped the canvas on different angles to get the colours to run along the creases in the modelling paste. I have only just overlapped some of the colours to prevent them getting too muddied and blending into one colour. I used my finger to wipe the inks around the edges.
 Step 8: Using your finger and some Gesso, lightly wipe your finger over the raised creases in the modelling paste to highlight the texture.
 Step 9: Once you are happy with the colours you can leave to dry then decorate.
 
 I hope you enjoyed my happy accident! :)
 


Materials:

Dusty Attic 
Birdcage #6 DA0714
Flutterbies #2  - DA0713mini Birds #1 - DA0723
Dusty in Bloom - Cornsilk, Wild Moss, Smokey Blue & Leaves

Other
Modeling paste
White Gesso
Clearsnap - Smooch Spritz- Green Olive, River Mossy & Sea Breaze
Beads & Gauze
Kaisercraft Rubons & Bling


Thanks for dropping by!
Have a great day!
Hugs
Michelle x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...