Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mobile phone pouch ~ Donna Salazar Designs

Back again, this time with something a little different! I have been walking for awhile and always take my mobile with me, It's a necessity out here when you walk the back tracks with the snakes & dingos etc around. I also use it for tracking our distance etc too. Anyway I don't always have a pocket on my clothes to put it in and have to hold it or put it in my bra.
Then I had a brainwave to this problem when we had to use the canvas and denim this month. So I had a play and come up with a mobile phone pouch! It is perfect, small and light enough to be comfortable and out of the way when I go walking.
 Steps for Making This Mobile Phone Pouch ~

Step 1: Cut 2x canvas rectangles approx 10.5cm x 14.5cm then spray with Smooch Spritz (Green Olive, River Mossy, Candle Glow) Then lightly mist with water to soften the colours.
 Step 2: Fold over one end and machine stitch some lace along the top of each piece.
 Step 3: Next I stamped the Swirly Doos Stamp and the Mossy Miz'd Media Inx on each piece.
 Step 4: Now take a piece of canvas approx 6cm x 6cm and fray the edges. Then I sprayed a little of the Candle Glow Smooch Spritz on the mat and sprayed it with water. Drag the edges of the canvas square through the ink on the mat to colour the edges.
 Step 5: Stamp over the canvas square with the Mossy Inx and the Dear Sir Stamp. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
 Step 6: Using the Spellbinders Mix'd Media Elements cut the bird out of the denim, it didn't cut all the way through the denim but left a good impression to cut around with my scissors.
 Step 7: Next sew around the denim square then sew the bird to the square before sewing to one side of the pocket pouches.

Step 8: Finish off by sewing around the outside of the pouch with a zig zag stitch just in a bit from the edge so that you can fray the outside edge of the stitching. All I did then was cut two small slits near the top edges and threaded a strip of denim through and knotted off each end.
I finished off by stitching a button to the top center with some thread.

It works a treat! I am really happy with it! :)

Materials:
Clearsnap

Spellbinders

Other Products:
Lace
Button
Thread
Denim Strip
Clear Embossing Powder

Tools
Craft Knife
Sewing Machine





Thanks for dropping by!
Have a great day!
Cheers
Michelle xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...