Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Home Decor ~ Jewelery Board

I made this jewelery board for Leonii. It is made from a sheet of ply timber. I painted the board with Gesso and Glimmer Mists (Route 66, Silver Sugar) & Perfect pearls Mists (Pewter). While the Gesso was still wet I sprayed the mists over the gesso and using a plastic card dragged the mists through the gesso! I love how the finish  ended up! Then I added some rub ons to the edges and corners and went around the outside with a black dabber paint. Them I have screwed in hooks to hold the jewelery & belts etc. I layed the jewelery on the board to work out where I would put the hooks. Was really happy with how it turned out!

And it goes with her bedspread perfectly.
We cut it to fit perfectly in the end of her new wardrobe. 


 We have used little ring hooks for the earrings and angle hooks for the neclaces etc.
 It definitely helps to keep all her accessories a lot tidier, although she didn't get much of a chance to enjoy it as she is now overseas on holidays doing a contiki tour around Europe! Lucky girl!
Missing her heaps!

Thanks for dropping by!
Have a great day!
Hugs
Michelle x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...