Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Australian Scrapbook Ideas #25 ~ Get It Framed ~ COVER ~ Follow Your Heart

I am pretty excited to share that I have made the cover of the latest Australian Scrapbook Ideas.
This Magazine includes my article on "Get it Framed"
I will share the others in the next couple of days! :)



I had been getting published for 8 years before I made my first cover. It was never high on my wish list all those years, even though secretly I would have loved one.

The feeling I had when I first saw my first cover on a magazine was unforgettable. It was so funny I remember standing in the shops when I first saw it and was thinking to myself someone has copied my layout, that even looks like my nephew in the pic! HOLY CRAP that is my layout! Was so funny that it took a bit to sink in!

So this now brings me to my 3rd cover (my second for ASI)
I still get just as excited to see them on the cover!


This is one of my dear friends daughter in this layout, I took these photos for her semi formal formal. Tori was so much fun to photograph she is just gorgeous inside and out!


I had to create all these layouts for this article while I was away from home without all my supplies and stuff to play with! That was a challenge. But then again I have never been one to pass up a challenge!



If you dream of getting published never give up, and never take a rejection personally, treat it like a raffle ticket submit them then forget about them. Persistence is the key! Never Give up!!!
The first rejection is always the hardest, but after that it gets easier. Even for someone like me who has now been published for 9 years I can still get maybe one picked up out of every 20 or more submitted.
It is not about you it is more about what they are looking for that magazine and it is only one persons opinion and what that one person is looking for!



Never Give UP if it is what you really want and dream of!!!
(That goes for everything in life and business!!)

I received this message from Amber after I did an interview call with her recently.... This makes me sooo happy!!'

"When Michelle rang I wasn't really sure what to expect. I'd never been interviewed about my scrapbooking before. The questions really got me thinking about what I wanted to achieve through my scrapbooking. I think in the end Michelle ended up helping me more than I helped her. She gave me the courage to submit my work into a magazine again and the next day I received an email saying they want to publish a couple of things. Michelle made me realise that I shouldn't give up on my dreams. If it's what I really want then keep going until it happens."

Amber has since gone on to have another 2 or 3 publications picked up in recent weeks too!
I love seeing others dreams come true too!!

I would love to hear some of your publication stories/ struggles too, make sure you share them here too!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!














Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...