Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spread Your Wings ~ *DSD* Shadow Box

I am so excited to have my hands on some of the new products from Donna Salazar Designs. I have had so much fun playing with these projects. It was the best cure for a recent bout of scrappers block that got a hold of me! I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed making them!
The base for this project is a Dusty Attic 6x6 Shadow Box. I started with the paper doll, and just started playing with the DSD Inks and the Smooch Spritzes and before I knew it I had a gorgeous Butterfly Fairy in my hands!
 

The butterfly Fairy is made using the Want 2 Scrap Paper Doll Designer Embellies. She has a few layers of paints and inks on her including a layer of glitter, in the end I ended up painting her white. The whole outfit all started out as white too, there are a couple of layers of lace and organza on her Skirt and top. I spritzed her with the Caramel Latte Smooch Spritz then repainted the body with white. The large Butterfly wings are from the Spring in Bloom range (One Sheet Wonderful).




I have used the Pralines & Cream Fairy Dust to add that special sparkle.


The background behind the fairy is from the Artistic Paper Range (Spring in Bloom 6x6 Square)
I inked this with the Peridot Mix'd Media Inx, then used a paper towel to wipe off the excess.


The corrugated board on the corners is from Zutter! I love the depth of the corrugation on this board!
I inked this with the Peridot Inx then clear embossed it. I love how the finish come up.
The frame was painted with Jo Sonja Burnt Umber Paint then sanded. I stamped over the brown with a Kasisercraft Grid stamp and Peridot Mixed Media Inx, then stamped over that with a Kaisercraft Script stamp and the Truffle Mixed Media Inx.


Materials:


Want2Scrap

Clearsnap
Zutter

GCD Studios


Other Products Used:
Dusty Attic - 6x6 Shadow Box Frame
Kaisercraft Stamps - Script & Grid, Resin Blossoms, Paper Blooms
Green Tara - Sprays
Prima - Butterfly,  Flowers, Shabby Chic Resin Treasures
ZVA creative - Crystal
Jo Sonja - Burnt Umber Paint
Little Birdie - Craft Sequins
Ranger - White Dabber Paint, Glossy Accents
Adhesives - Mod Podge, Helmar Tiger Grip, Scrap Dots, 3D foam tape.



Thanks for dropping by!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Hugs
Michelle x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...