Saturday, January 21, 2012

CSI #3 - Beautiful Young Lady



I love a good colour challenge, if you don't know how to aproach putting different colours
together try using the decorators rule for 60, 40, 10.
60% of the main colour/s, 40% of your feature colour/s and 10% of your accent colour/s.
I have used 60% of the grey colours, 40% of the cream and tea brown and 10% of the pink and purple. It makes it easier to approach when you decide what percentage of the colours you are going to use.  I hope that helps some of those who are scared to play with different colours.

Here is my take on this weeks colour palette!

I was lucky to get this one done, I was on holidays and didn't take any scrap supplies with me at all! But it got the better of me, I had to go and find a scrap shop so I could create this layout. I had a great excuse my beautiful neice Amaya who is in this photo wanted to learn how to Scrap, so who am I to disappoint! We had fun scrapping together! Amaya is definitely creatively talented too!


The leaves the to bottom right of the layout were created by using the inked DA leaves as a stamp to stamp off the excess ink.







Materials:
Zva Creative - Pearl
Petaloo - Flowers Canterbury Rose
Prima Flowers - Sherwood Rose Truffle
Kaisercraft - Bonjpur - Alpha Sticker Sheet
Paper Blooms - Misty
Mini Paper Blooms - Dusty Pink
Hambly Screen Prints - Mini Brocade gold
Foiled Buts 04 - Sooz Made It
Doily, Tags, Ribbon
Dew Drop Brilliance - Chocolate, Beige
Papers - Delish - Dulwich Collection
Ruby Rocket - Avalon
Bazzill Bling
Dusty Attic - Feathers DA0651
Leafy Stem #3 small DA0581


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page...awesome take on Case #3. For being on holiday & not having your supplies...you did a great job! I like all the little details...lots to admire...especially that little bird up in the corner...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle. I've come to your blog via the CSI website. Your work is very inspiring- I love your style. Keep up the awesome work xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...